Defense Strategies That Hold Up To Courtroom Scrutiny
Facing criminal charges means not just facing the possibility of a conviction, jail time and fines, it also means facing the possibility of suffering irreparable damage to your personal and professional life. Defending your future against this unwanted outcome requires immediate action on your part to hire a defense attorney who not only understands what’s at stake, but also how to successfully defend you no matter how complex the situation may be.
Attorney James A. Williams has 38 years of experience handling criminal matters from both sides, which gives him the insight necessary to develop strong defense strategies that can withstand the highest level of court scrutiny. Detail oriented and incredibly committed to securing positive outcomes for his clients, Jim Williams is someone you can trust to get the best possible outcome for your situation.
Extensive Knowledge Of Criminal Law
The The Law Offices of James A. Williams, L.L.C., is known throughout the greater New Orleans area for handling a wide variety of criminal offenses ranging from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies, including many high-profile criminal issues some defense lawyers shy away from. We’re equipped to handle:
- Drug offenses — Including possession, distribution and cultivation charges concerning marijuana, heroin, cocaine, prescription drugs and other controlled substances
- Federal drug crimes — Including possession, distribution, manufacturing and trafficking of illicit controlled substances
- Alcohol-related offenses — Including public intoxication, underage drinking, drunk driving, repeat DWI and other alcohol-related charges
- Violent crimes — Including homicide, manslaughter, aggravated battery and armed robbery
- Firearm violations — Including felon in possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm while in possession of drugs and more
- Sex charges — Including sexual assault, rape and statutory rape
- White collar crimes
Jim Williams’ extensive criminal law background also makes him equipped to handle other criminal-related matters, including:
- Criminal appeals
- Post-conviction relief
- Probation revocations
An Aggressive, Smart Lawyer Working For You
To successfully defend yourself in the Louisiana criminal justice system, you need an aggressive attorney on your side who will do their own investigation, talk to witnesses and police, take a closer look at evidence, and confer with experts to expose the weaknesses in the opposing side’s case.
The The Law Offices of James A. Williams, L.L.C., does all this and more for our clients. We seek dismissed or reduced charges as well as acquittals when the prosecution’s case falls short. We take the time necessary to seek the best possible outcome because that’s what our clients deserve, and you can rest assured knowing that we will use all of our criminal law and trial experience to make sure it happens.
Defend Your Rights With Our Help
Whether we’re handling your criminal defense case immediately following your arrest or you’re seeking to appeal a judge’s decision, we know how to present an effective argument at any court level. In the courtroom is where we have the most experience and the most success securing positive outcomes.
If you would like to meet with Jim Williams to discuss the details of your case, contact our office in Gretna and schedule a free initial consultation. Call 504-361-0636 or send us an email with a brief description of your situation and legal needs.